College: Is It Worth It?
If you’re headed for college, consider this first from LRC:
Sadly, millions of recent college graduates that are drowning in student loan debt can’t even get good enough jobs that will enable them to service those loans. Just consider the following statistics….
1) According to the Economic Policy Institute, the unemployment rate for college graduates younger than 25 years old was 9.3 percent in 2010.
2) One-third of all college graduates end up taking jobs that don’t even require college degrees.
3) In the United States today, over 18,000 parking lot attendants have college degrees.
4) In the United States today, 317,000 waiters and waitresses have college degrees.
5) In the United States today, approximately 365,000 cashiers have college degrees.
6) In the United States today, 24.5 percent of all retail salespersons have a college degree.
The truth is that there are not nearly enough jobs for everyone. There are now more hard working Americans sitting at home without jobs than at any other point since the Great Depression.
The following video is an hour long, but a real eye-opener.